(26 of 176)
- There are no alternate images available for this product.
TOWERKEM 557 is a biostatic, high performance, synthetic coolant designed for machining and grinding operations on ferrous metals. It is formulated using GREEN FLUID TECHNOLOGY, it does not contain mineral oil, animal fats, or hazardous ingredients. TOWERKEM 557 will reject tramp oil completely and settle metal fines efficiently. It is easily recyclable in conventional fluid recovery systems. TOWERKEM 557 is designed for use in high pressure coolant systems. It is a heavy duty grinding fluid that typically reduces the frequency of wheel dressing and provides lubricity for 12 RMS finishes. TOWERKEM 557 helps to keep machines clean and provides excellent rust protection on cast iron.
TOWERKEM 557 is effective for numerous operations, including boring, drilling, milling, reaming, tapping, threading, and grinding of ferrous metals. Starting dilutions (water to lubricant) for Milling/Drilling/Turning 15:1 to 25:1. Honing/Tapping/Reaming 10:1 to 20:1 Grinding operations should begin at starting dilutions of 20:1.
- Superior ferrous lubricity
- Outstanding corrosion protection
- Excellent tramp il rejection and settles out metal fines quickly
- Minimal residue characteristics and superior cleanliness on machine and components
- Excellent biological resistance